One Good Earl Deserves a Lover is out TOMORROW…and I am SO so excited to share it with you! I’ve spent much of my spare time over the last week (i.e., time when I’m not working on Temple’s book, which is coming along and due out in the fall!) answering what feels like a million blog questions and writing what feels like a million blog posts…all talking about this book that I love so much.
I cannot wait for you to see Cross & Pippa’s story unfold–and I’ve saved one nugget of information for here, on my own blog, to thank you for coming over and joining me this week!
Here’s the thing: Pippa was never supposed to be a heroine.
She was supposed to be a sweet side character in A Rogue By Any Other Name — the odd younger sister who ends up married because that’s what happens to odd younger sisters. And Cross was supposed to (get this!) marry a lady doctor. I had plans for him that involved neither ruination of engaged aristocratic misses nor falling head over heels for strange bespectacled beauties.
Not to mention the fact that Temple’s book was supposed to come first.
I’ve never been one of those writers who has characters who speak to her. I am lord and deity over my books. I tell my heroes to do stuff and they do them, for heaven’s sake. But…for some reason, for this book, I wasn’t in charge. They were. To be more specific, Pippa was. She wanted her time in Cross’s office and she wanted to know what she was missing out on, and she wanted…well…him. And she shocked me just as much as she shocked Cross, honestly.
Suffice to say, she may not be my favorite heroine…and he may not be my favorite hero…but together they are absolutely my favorite couple. And I cannot wait for you to meet them.
That all said, let’s celebrate! You may know that I have dedicated this book to a very special group of people:
And in honor of glasses wearers everywhere (and Pippa!) I’m spending all of February celebrating ladies in lenses with guest posts all month long from authors and musicians and other cool people talking about their own favorite girls in glasses. I’ll be giving away books and other things…as well as special “Girls Who Wear Glasses” microfiber lens cloths (which work well for phones, tablets & computers, too!). So please come back starting February 1st to celebrate with me, meet awesome people, and win great prizes!
Speaking of winning great prizes…let’s do that today, shall we?
How about a One Good Earl Deserves a Lover gift pack, including:
- A movie collection including my Rules of Scoundrels inspiration, Ocean’s 11 (both the 1960 and the Clooney/Pitt version), Ocean’s 12, and Ocean’s 13, and my biggest Girls Who Wear Glasses inspiration: How to Marry A Millionaire
- A deck of the incredible Bicycle Guardians cards–which I’m 100% certain would have been the cards of choice of the men of The Fallen Angel had Bicycle made amazing cards in the 1830s. Check out the gorgeous art…those angels are as badass as the owners of my casino.
- A pack of rose seeds in honor of Pippa’s horticulture-skills.
- A pair of “Rules of Scoundrels” casino dice–I had these made specifically for the release of A Rogue By Any Other Name and in honor of the new series!
- A Girls Who Wear Glasses microfiber lens cleaning cloth, made specifically to celebrate One Good Earl Deserves a Lover.
- Signed copies of A Rogue By Any Other Name and One Good Earl Deserves a Lover.
- And other goodies like bookmarks and door hangers and the like.
YAY! So…TO WIN…comment below and tell me which of my Scoundrels is your favorite (or which one you’re most intrigued by!) — Bourne, Temple, Cross or Chase — and why! One lucky winner (US Only, sorry!) will be chosen at random on Friday!
If you haven’t yet, you can preorder One Good Earl Deserves a Lover from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books a Million, from your local indie or for your Kindle or Nook! You can also order signed or personalized copies of Earl online at my local indie: WORD Bookstore.